Tuesday 3 April 2012

Optimus Prime Minister

After reading about the coalition government's u-turn on internet surveillance and its introduction of a new law that allows the Home Office to eavesdrop on everyone's online conversations, I thought I'd pre-empt their sneaky nosing and just ante up my info. Much quicker all round really.

So I decided to send David Cameron an email every day for the next week, detailing all my online activity for the previous day*

Here's what I sent him this morning.


Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 08:48:47 +0100
From: My email address
To: David Cameron via the Number 10 website
Subject: Would it be easier if...

...we all just emailed you daily to let you know what we're looking at on the internet? Like a sort of internet amnesty. It'd save lots of taxpayers' money because you wouldn't have to set up expensive online surveillance and hire people to run it all. I'm sure you've got a PA who'd help you sort through everything. Maybe ask Nick?

Shall I kick it off? I could drop you a line every morning, around this time, to let you know what I was looking at online the previous day. Let's try it and see how it goes.

Monday 2nd April 2012
0900 hotmail.com
0930 twitter.com
1000 twitter.com
1030 facebook.com
1100 facebook.com
1130 facebook.com
1200 facebook.com
1230 lolcats.com
1300 twitter.com
1330 google search for 'can you die from holding in a wee'
1400 google search for 'why don't pandas like sex'
1430 google search for 'what did people in the olden days wear to fancy dress parties'**
1500 twitter.com
1530 facebook.com
1600 youtube.com/madonna_videos
1630 youtube.com/cat_videos
1700 youtube.com/cats_singing
1730 youtube.com/baby_sloths
1800 (I left work here and travelled home, but I did probably check twitter on my phone while I was waiting at the bus stop)
1900 twitter.com
1930 facebook.com
2000 google search for 'game of thrones nudity'
2030 google search for 'marc jacobs shoes size 5 cheap'
2100 facebook.com
2130 twitter.com
2200 hotmail.com

Hope that's the kind of thing you're after. I'll be in touch tomorrow with an update on today's internet activity.

Cheers!

WashRinseRepeat



*I may have fabricated most of these for my own amusement.

** Thanks EB ;) x

No comments: