Thursday 5 April 2012

My daily briefing with Number 10

If the government really wants to know what I'm doing in cyberspace, then why not make it easy for them? I've got nothing to hide. And the founding principle of our justice system is the presumption of innocence until proven guilt, right? So I'm sure they don't mean to be treating everyone as suspected terrorists, it's just coming across that way. Maybe that's because they just haven't got used to online 'netiquette' yet. LOL! n00bs.

To be honest, they could find out most stuff just by befriending me on facebook. But because David keeps declining my friend request, the only option is for me to give them a daily status report. Which I've been doing every day this week.

Here's this morning's.

Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:05:21 +0100
From: My email address
To: David Cameron via the Number 10 website
Subject: The next installment...

Hi there,

I was in meetings most of the day yesterday and I had a date with my boyfriend in the evening, so I didn’t spend much time online.

I did buy these shoes on Ebay though. Nice, aren’t they? I could see Samantha wearing them.

And I also received this email from my friend who’s gone to San Francisco for a bit:

Flight was extremely bearable, even the food resembled something edible. But unfortunately I have the deluxe package of shivers, a temperature, blocked nose sore throat, all of which hit me as soon as I got here. Their drugs are crap as well ie they don't have Day Nurse. Also all their flu drugs proudly say 'pseudo ephedrine free' on the packet, as if it’s a good thing. Being ill in a foreign country sucks. Although it could be worse I suppose, I could be ill in, say, Turkmenistan.

Catch you later!

x


That’s it for now.

E

PS: Do I need to be detailing my emails to you too? I haven’t been as you’re the recipient so I figured you’d automatically count them. LMK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Internet culture is hard to understand for the uninitiated. This is why netiquette is forgiving. Intent is everything on the internet because everything is digital.